Here you will find some of the most common questions that we come across. If you have a question that is not listed here, feel free to contact us

Q: What kind of service do you provide?

A: With many years of experience in Immigration, we have mastered the processes of international recruitment. LimBa Consultant can assist you in Recruiting, Immigration support, and Integration.  We have a partnership with ICCRC members (Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council).

Q: How long does the process take?

A: The length of the process depends on the position the company is recruiting for and the country they wish to recruit from. The shortest time frame to have a foreign worker in Canada is approximately month. The waiting times to acquire a foreign worker from beginning to end is about 9 months. Most of the time frame is related to the Government processing time so it is out of our control.


Q: What countries do you recruit from?

A: LimBa Consultant can recruit from any country around the world, but specialize in select countries due to the availability of high and low skilled workers and the success rate of the immigration process per country. Currently we specialize in recruiting from the Philippines, United Arabic Emirats, Hong Kong, and Taiwan. But we also recruit in France, Africa, Madagascar, and South America.

Q: What positions do you recruit for?

A: Our primary focus is to assist your organization by matching you with the right employees based on your specific needs. We provide placement services primarily in the Nursing, Care giver, Welding, Manufacturing, Food industry and Service Industries on a contractual or a permanent basis. We do this while building partnerships based on mutual respect, trust and professionalism.

Q: What is the difference between low-skill and high-skill worker?

A: The difference between low and high skilled workers is defined by the National Occupational Classification or NOC for short. The National Occupational Classification (NOC) is the nationally accepted reference on occupations in Canada. Each occupation has a designated NOC code based on the skill requirements required to perform the job. High skilled workers are designated under skill levels 0, A, or B of the National Occupational Classification Matrix. Low skilled positions are designated as skill level C and D of the matrix.

Q: Can a foreign worker work for someone else?

A: Foreign workers who immigrate to Canada on a temporary work visa are not able to work for any other employer unless authorized to do so. In most cases an employee will not try to switch employers as long as they are treated fairly and the terms of the employment contract are met.


Q: What are my obligations to my foreign worker?

A: As an employer you are obligated to treat foreign workers the same as you would treat Canadian workers. A contract between the foreign worker and potential employer is signed before the foreign worker is granted their work permit. This contract outlines the obligations made between the employer and the employee. So if the foreign worker does not meet the criteria set forth by the employer for their employees, the employer is under no obligation to keep them and can terminate their contract.

Q: Do we still have to deduct CPP and other taxes form foreign workers?

A: Yes. Employers are responsible to deduct the same taxes as they would from their Canadian employees.

Q: Where will the workers live?

A: We can assist your company in finding accommodation for your foreign employees for a small fee, or you can choose to assist the workers in securing their accommodations. For low skilled workers the employer must ensure that the employee’s accommodations are no greater than 33% of the employee’s gross wage. Temporary foreign workers usually choose to share accommodations to lower the cost of living.

Q: How long can the worker stay here?

A: Length of stay in depends on a number of different criteria. Initially most workers come under a 2 year contract (they could come for less than 2 years if required by the employer). A low-skill worker can only stay for a maximum of 2 years and must return home for a period of 4 months before they can reapply for a new work permit. A skilled worker can renew their work permit for a period of another 2 years from within Canada if the employer chooses to renew their contract.

Q: How much do your services cost?

A: Our company fees depends on the services you require, how many worker do you need, and the job you are looking for.  We only charge if we provide results!

  • Nos bureaux
    500, St.George Street
    Moncton, New Brunswick E1C 1Y3
  • New Brunswick : (506) 875-3406
    Québec: (418) 284-9439